Opticians in Perth
Our practice was established at 59 South Methven Street Perth in 1939 by partners Lennie and Thompson. As partners they had been operating in Dundee since 1901 with Perth seen as ‘the sister practice’.
William J Henderson (Bill) joined the Perth team as an optometrist in 1964 and it was when Bill took over as sole proprietor in 1983 that the practice became known as it is today - WJ Henderson Optometrists. Bill retired in 2003 but the practice remains in the Henderson family.
As an independent family owned practice we have the professional freedom to provide the services and products which best suit the specific needs of our patients.
Our primary goal is to provide an exceptional standard of eye care in our community
As an NHS Scotland registered practice we provide free eye care and glasses*
We use some of the most advanced technology available to assess your eye health and vision
We stock over 500 spectacle frames with both classic and contemporary brands on display
We dispense contact lenses and solutions for all major contact lens brands
With no staff sales targets we measure our success through patient loyalty and feedback
*Subject to status and funded by NHS Scotland
(registered in the last year)